Call us 24/7
Tap the phone icon below to call
Free Bail Info
Free Inmate Locator
Free Bail Consultation
Free Code Lookup
24/7 Bail Service
Easy Payment Plans
Fast and Confidential
Local Bondsmen in Pico Rivera
California Health and Safety Codes (HS)
The California Health and Safety Codes are put in place to overview the steps that establishments in charge of taking care of people’s health are held to a reasonable safety standard. This book of health and safety regulations also influences any establishment that serves food, handles food, or any place where people go for a service inside that building. Some examples of some health and safety codes are as follows:
1) 11350(HS): Felony, Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance, knowledge of the presence of that controlled substance, knowledge of the substance’s nature or character as a controlled substance, and the controlled substance was in a usable amount.
2) 11355(HS): Felony, Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance with intent to sell; you must be caught with large quantities of the drug, Packaging of the drug in separate baggies or bindies, scales, lots of cash, and lots of people coming to your place for only a few minutes at a time.
3) 11377(HS): Felony, Misdemeanor; Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamines.
4) 11378(HS): Felony, Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamines with intent to sell; you must be caught with large quantities of the drug, Packaging of the drug in separate baggies or bindies, scales, lots of cash, and lots of people coming to your place for only a few minutes at a time.
5) 11364(HS): California Drug Paraphernalia Possession; when a person is found to be in possession of an illegal drug paraphernalia.
The California Health and Safety Codes are also used whenever a new building is constructed or planned. These codes are used everywhere in the state for things that people visit and use every day. Health and Safety Code enforcers or inspectors constantly visit different businesses or hospitals to make sure that the building and staff are both up to code, which then means that it is safe to continue to do business there and have people inside the establishment.
There are a total of 120 divisions in the Health and Safety Code and each of those divisions are broken up into parts and those parts are broken up into chapters and some of those chapters are broken up into articles.
The purpose of having so many divisions and subdivisions is to make sure that every possible aspect of the health and safety of the residents of California is taken into considerations and is proven to be up to standard.
Each type of business or service will have their own specific set of health and safety codes depending on what type of service they provide their clients. For example, a hospital will have a more strict set of health and safety rules for their staff than the staff at a local fast food restaurant.
Also some places of business may have to follow more than one set of rules, again depending on the type of service they provide. When it comes to providing health services such as hospitals, the health and safety code provides guidelines for the nurses and doctor’s power and duties, the air sanitation, certain licensing that they must have, how to deal with children, what they can and cannot due to their patients, what to do when someone creates a disturbance in the hospital or doctor’s office, and who has the authority to prescribe medicine.
Without these regulation for hospitals, then anyone could claim that they have the ability to help cure your pain or find out what is wrong with you or your family member. When it comes to different restaurants where people go in and out to eat all day, the health and safety codes has a set of codes to ensure that the staff are taking the right precautions to prevent any passing of viruses from person to person.
That paper you always see in the front of a restaurant with a letter tells you how that place of business ranks according to these codes. The lower the grade, then the more improvement the place needs to make in order to be at the standard of health and safety.
Some other examples of businesses that must abide by these sets of rules are contractors of buildings, any type of health care provider, any type of child care provider, school systems, hotels and motels, airports, any type of lounge or bar, etc.
Basically any place that will have people coming in or out of whether it involves food or human contact are subject to be inspected for these rules and regulations.
If you have any questions regarding the health and safety codes and how they affect you, then please feel free to contact one of our highly trained agents at Sunrise Bail Bonds Pico Rivera.